Thursday, July 5, 2007

Quick Note

I don't have very much time, but I just wanted to make a quick note about meeting my stage idol, Gavin Creel. He was playing Burt in Mary Poppins, and while I was watching him, I was thinking, "Man, who is that he looks SO familiar" then I realized he was Jimmy in Thoroughly Modern Millie on Broadway. Wow, seeing him preform empowered me in a new way to work to excel in performance. He was truly amazing! So, afterwards I was waiting at the stage door and apparently the whole "meet with the fans" thing is not a British thing. The girl that played Mary poppins just sailed by and we didn't even realize it was her until she was gone (she'd been wearing a wig). When Gavin came out though (I act like we're on a first name basis... :P) the few people that were there were talking to him. He was so nice and we talked about Millie, and he was just so easy going. I am so impressed that he is as pleasing a person as he appears to be on stage. This isn't all I've got to tell you about England, but it's a quick exciting one I figured I'd tell you since I have a minute. SO COOL!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

LOve it! I remember when we were in New York and I got to meet Bernadette Peters, an idol. It is such a exciting thing, isn't it? I am glad you are having a good time.

pinkmorning said...

YaY! how fun...looks like you are having a blast babe...

GustoBones said...

What a cutie! He had his arm around you woo-woo! Looks like you are having lots of fun!