Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Pleasure in Simple Things

This little jaunt through the british isles has made me realize how much pleasure I find in simple things. The weather hasn't been all that summer-esque, so I've been thinking a lot about the little things about summer that I love. I love sunlight and hot rain, sleeping in and wasting time on random projects in my room, riding carousels, excercise plans that fall through, really red strawberries, going to Utah, picnics, water (in all forms), walking to the pool, reading A LOT, eating ice cream cones, being with family, being with friends, corn on the cob, barbeques, movie marathons, watermelon spitting contests, water fights, ultimate frisbee, flowers, rolling down hills, playing sports that I'm really not good at, girls camp (despite my complaining), EFY, the smell of campfire, s'mores, ward activities while the sun is still up, dancing, blue skies, just EVERYTHING! and I promise that at some point I will put a post in here that relevant to what I'm actually doing....

5 comments:

pinkmorning said...

that strawberry puts me in the mood to eat some! i love summer and all that is associated with it too!

time-for-a-paws said...

Those strawberries where the best I have ever had!!

pinkmorning said...

tag, you're it!

Rachel said...

double tag..

GustoBones said...

That strawberry looks deLish! Summer is fun. I bet it was interesting to be in England on the 4th of July!!hahaha, Suckers!(The British, not you guys)