OH MY GOODNESS!!! I just finished reading Tess of the D'Urbervilles, it was so good. Thomas Hardy is really climbing my list of favorite authors. I read the Mayor of Castorbridge when we first got here and now I've finished Tess. He has this amazing ability to make you feel really connected to the characters and there relationships. It is uncanny. You become so connected in fact that the moral universe is sort of shifted if it was in the name of their love or in honor of her dignity. I'm having a hard time really describing what I liked about it without ruining some part of it for everyone. As much as you're all going to say you don't care if I ruin it for you. I CARE----just go read it---WUNDERBAR! I don't have much more time on this computer, because I'm in the Cambridgeshire Library logged in as a guest. With that I leave you.
3 years ago



4 comments:
You have made me want to go and check out that book right now! Glad you enjoyed it so much!
Glad you enjoyed that book. Your reaction after reading it was timeless!! "Oh Mother!!"
Always good to have a greatg reccomendation! Thanks!
thanks for the recommendation. mom tells me you have read the alchemist. i just finished reading that last week, oh my goodness, we have to talk about that book. it is amazing. i am thinking of doing a book club on it because it helped me see the world and my own struggle in a different way...my favorite kind of book. i would love your thoughts on it...
Post a Comment