Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Not Guilty


Today was quite the day. Another girl and I did the same monologue in drama and I only did that one because I was unprepared with anything else---he's seen me do it a million times and it was a total default. Afterwards he said he hated mine and loved hers. I'm sure it was mostly because he's seen me do it the same way so many times. So that wasn't horrible but then I asked the lunch lady if I had any money left and she said NO and took the tray right out of my hand. I felt like Oliver or something. Please sir---er mam. So because I didn't have lunch I planned all day to run home and get Chipotle. When I got there I realized that I had no money except a jar of change I had in my closet. I got that out and took it to the bank under the pretext that I could get cash there without the penalty that coinstar takes. Well apparently it doesn't work that way but they said they'd give me cash if I rolled all of my coins. Sitting there at the desk in the corner I realized that the wood the desks are made out of get indented when you write on top of them....I could see all kinds of signatures and numbers indented into the desk. Then I heard the lady behind me say "so your account number sir is 4--5--6--5--2--1--" that wasn't actually it, but I realized that if I were clever and dishonest I could take advantage of this situation. I'm not sure how exactly, but I felt like a criminal. It would be kind of perfect though. This poor naive teenage girl just rolling her change and convienantly overhearing all she needs to hear to get rich, very very rich----actually that guys account only had 54 dollars in it, but thats 54 more dollars then I have now!!! Wait----scratch that I ended up cashing 15 dollars and 91 cents of spare change.

4 comments:

GustoBones said...

Spare change rocks. On more than one occasion I have rounded up our spare change to take the kids to Taco Bell. One time before you were born "Jungle Book" was playing at the tower theater and we wanted to go, but didn't really have the money. I vividly remember scouring the house on 22nd East for spare change to go to this movie. We finally did make it to the movie and I will never forget that night!

Rachel said...

Do you remember our change scavenges for slurpee runs?? Speaking of spare change, one of my favorite dates with Jeremy when we were engaged was a spare change date. We made a rule that we HAD to spend all the silver coins he had, but not more and not less. WE had 5 buck pizza, and rented a dollar movie (with some treats). Spare change DOES rock.

pinkmorning said...

i have often thought about how much confidential information is shared in public places where it can be overheard, and therefore, compromised, it is kind of scary...

Beanie said...

My latest searching for spare change is looking for quarters to feed the meters in Washington DC. When I'm on my way to a meeting and I only have a credit card, I start scrounging. It is a bit of an adventure.