Yesterday, we went to Gadfield Elm which is the oldest LDS chapel in the world. It's funny because I had more fun there at that tidy little chapel then I've had at all the great cathedrals of Britain. What a difference the spirit makes, eh? When we got to the chapel there was no one there but there was a code to get in. It was so cute, the code was a series of quesitons like "the first letter of Brigham's surname" or "the number of books in the Book of Mormon after Moroni." It was so cute and clever, and truly you'd have to be a member to get into the chapel. it's the most at home I've felt the wh
ole trip. Afterwards, we had the opprotunity to climb the Herefordshire Beacon which is the hill where the first British missionaries went to pray about how to continue the work in Britain. Now granted, when WE climbed it there were icy raindrops and "rude winds" beating at us, but somehow that made it even better. I made it up pretty early on, so I had a lot of time to just look out on fair England and just think. Actually it's been one of my favorite parts of this whole trip. AND Grandma climbed the whole thing too, I got totally winded doing it, but that little trooper Gma, she was fine. I hope I'm as vibrant as her someday.
3 years ago



3 comments:
What a great photo! I love it. I would love to visit that chapel someday. Thanks for sharing your experience!!!
I loved being up there with you. I will always remember that. I thought it was amazing that Grandma hicked ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP!!! We've had some good times!
Look at that background. You are seriously channeling Jane Austen right there! Or maybe Miss Potter.
Post a Comment