Sunday, May 27, 2007

FIREWORKS!!!

We went to the memorial day fireworks tonight. I don't know why, but fireworks always remind me of everything I love about life. The wonder of the colors and the intensity of the sound, always leads me to thinking about memories and hopes for the future. The show at wolf trap is amazing too, because you are literally right under the fireworks. It tickles when the crackling ones go off. They set it all to music perfectly. It's amazing~! The smell of all the firework smoke reminds me of living back on Plum creek when everyone was still at home. It reminds me of a million fourth of julys and a million more that I'm hoping will be as amazing as the one's I've already had. And, tying back to my blog name----fireworks always make me wish I had a romantic interest to share them with. Someone whose hand I can hold while we watch the colors and lights above us. Well, it's late and thats about as sappy as I'll get publicly.....haha. G'night!

3 comments:

pinkmorning said...

i love fireworks too babe, sounds like the show was amazing...i'm excited for the 4th of July because last year it was raining and yucky weather so we went to a movie and didn't even use the sparklers we bought because of the rain...

Rachel said...

It is always so fun to have seomthing that triggers special memories. Sounds, smells, and sights combine to paint a picture of a memory and you are there again. Fireworks are sort of like that for me too. Nastolgic and exciting. I love the way you express yourself.

Beanie said...

Ha Mariah. I didn't read your blog until after I'd written mine, and we chose the same picture. Great minds.