Thursday, June 25, 2009

Jordan

This place was totally a surprise to me and totally fantastic! I fell in love with the people so fast and it was the perfect combination of a modern and therefore familiar environment with a really rich and unusual culture and strong tradition and things to learn and see. And I'm taking up Arabic now. Yea, I'm doing it. Petra blew me over and I had a total "what is this life" moment when I saw it. and a corresponding "how did my life bring me to this point?" moment when i was squished in the back of a cab with for people winding around Amman. Jordan made me realize that what amazes me about a place is its people. I love dancing with the tourism police and that little girl that ran through the video and turned on her heel to smile in a very Mom at age 4ish fashion. Anyway, I'm doing a photo essay on it--so watch for that if you want more gushing and detail.


4 comments:

emily said...

that little girl is adorable. p.s. totally take up arabic. ben loved doing that and he especially loved petra. woot.

Libby said...

Ahlan wi-sahlan! Il-luga arabi kuwayyisa awi. Ana aarfa ashaan ana mumtaaz.Mumkin nadrus mubaad taban. Hashufik badeen insha'allah!

Libby said...

P.S. Translation: Hello and Welcome! Arabic is very good; I know because I'm awesome. We can study together, of course. See you later, God willing!

I kind of sound like a robot in Arabic, by the way

HeidiLynn said...

I love you. So So much. These pictures make me smile and miss you. muchly.