Sunday, August 31, 2008

Moving In and Moving On

So, I'm finally getting around to putting a word or two on here. Here are some pictures of my dorm room all set up. So this is home until next April:

I'm sorry that you'll have to tilt your head to get the full effect on that one. College life has been good so far. It's like a vacation with partying eveyday right now, but I know having classes start next week will change that. I'm meeting lots of great people, but it's still a lonely prospect to be in this new place with no close friends yet.

Though I'm still getting used to life here, I've made my wall as busy as possible (reminiscent of my old digs). I finished my class on Cowboys. There was so much more to discuss and explore than I expected in western film and it makes me excited to start Intro to Film. I got to meet all the cfac (College of Fine Arts and Communications) people and I got a tour of their theatre facilities which just gave me goosebumps--I'm SOO excited. I'm auditioning for a show called "Dancing at Lughnasa" in a couple of days. It's set in the 30s in Ireland (which is just perfect for me), but there is only one female role that they're auditioning so we'll see how it goes. The audition process will be a good experience regardless. I don't know why I went off on this---thats totally not what I had planned to blog about.....
You know there's the sense of community between members of the church among non-members. So when everyone is a member the community feeling comes from somewhere else. My communities are 1) theatre people [because with our extensive knowledge of theatre we wil take over the world---or have a splendid time trying]. and 2) tall people--my three compadres of the dance I went to last night were Austin (6'6''), Eric (6'7''), and Michael (6'9'') WHEW! I felt so short!----it was beautiful! well Shabat Shalom all, I'm going to do help with dinner and read "Mere Christianity".....

4 comments:

pinkmorning said...

i would love to come down to visit you and take you to lunch. what is your schedule like? so far, it has just been me calling you. you should call me. i am not very far away after all... :)

Hannah Blechman said...

aw, I'm so glad you're adjusting so well to college... I'm sorry I didn't get to wish you a proper good-bye before you left!

You must get me your address. Not only do I want to write you, but Angela and I got you something in Wales that we never were able to give to you in person....

GustoBones said...

Cute room!! Good luck with your audition and I am so excited for all the wonderful fun that awaits you this year!

zealygirl said...

So good to see the pics of your new home. My apartment room NEVER looked so chic, but I guess our apartment now doesn't, either. You've certainly got talent and pizazz!

I look forward to seeing and reading more about your escapades! Don't get in trouble for not taking pictures.