
Last night was seriously one of the best nights of my life to this point. It was such a simple thing, but it was wonderful. It was a chorus outing sort of thing so a bunch of us were going to meet up at IHOP. A bunch of them were over at our house before hand and Joe was going to stop by just before so he could follow someone over. He was running late so everyone went ahead while I waited for him. It turned out to be a good thing, because I got to ride with Joe all evening which was really fun because we don't get that much time together that often. So we ate at IHOP then we were going to go ice skating, but the rink was closed for a hockey game so we decided to maybe go see a movie. When we got to the theatre there was nothing good playing, but when we went to leave we say that they had taken down the walls around this big fountain in front of the theatre. On a whim, we decided to run through it. I don't think i realized how wet I was going to get when I decided to run through it. It was like jumping into a pool! We were wet and freezing, but it was soo memorable and so fun! Then randomly Joe and I decided to jog like a mile down to Wegmans so he could get ingredients for this special brunch he was making his family today. I am so not a runner, but I had just tons of energy and I don't think I've ever sustained a run that long before. So we were run-waddling along in our wet jeans and so uncomfortable, but SO happy! I don't know it was just one of those really good nights that are like the essence of what you think high school will be like when you're younger. It's the night that you think of when Peter Pan tells you to think happy thoughts. I don't even know how to explain the level of glee I found in such simple silly things, but I truly loved it and it gave me a new-found appreciation for how amazing and impressive my best friend is. Hopefully the success of the night will inspire us to do things like that more often.




2 comments:
Sounds like such a fun time!! I remember we had a snow day once and we all went out for breakfast. Of course, in Utah when there is a snow day, it means a ton of snow. It took 10 minutes just to get out of Plum Creek. Since there was only one driver, for about 5 of us, we were finally at "breakfast" around 11:30 or so. It was fun!
You will have that memory forever.. I still carry some of my favorite high school moments with me tucked away... when I feel like I am lame or old or boring.. I pull out my little memory box and think.. nope THAT is who I am! I hope youa re living up you senior year!
Post a Comment