I'll admit i'm still learning how to spell it, but I am now officially in my school's a capella group. I'm REALLY excited about the prospect of being in a singing group this size and a capella. See, there's chorus which is fun, but too big to really be heard----and I'm in an ALL WOMAN'S chorus which drives me up the wall. In musicals, you get to solo but theres no one to triumph in your song with you----then theres an amazing a capella group thats small and close knit and full of talent. awww......perfect. On top of all of this the group is headed up by one of my best friends. His name is Joe and we're really close, but we don't have any classes together this year and he's kind of a hermit when it comes to hanging out outside of school so it going to be awesome to have an excuse to get together all the time. We used the song, "Kiss the Girl" from little mermaid for a sort of blend audition piece. It's a really nice arrangement and that song was already kind of special to me for a different reason so I'm excited to learn the whole thing! All in all just a very exciting day!
Oh and for those of you who didn't know I'm also in my school's fall production entitled "The Muscial Comedy Murder's of 1940." It's about a backers audition in New York and a bunch of shifty characters get snowed into a house together. So, I play the woman who's house it is so that will be a lot of fun to work on. So thats the news and I'll try to be better about updating this THANG more often!
Oh and for those of you who didn't know I'm also in my school's fall production entitled "The Muscial Comedy Murder's of 1940." It's about a backers audition in New York and a bunch of shifty characters get snowed into a house together. So, I play the woman who's house it is so that will be a lot of fun to work on. So thats the news and I'll try to be better about updating this THANG more often!



4 comments:
That is awesome! Sounds like it will be a really fun Senior year for you.. I wotl mom about Twilight. I think you would really like it. It is a little over the top, but pretty good.
Congrats Mariah. I always get a kick out of the way you tell your good news at home. It's a "Oh by the way..." about 15 minutes after you get home. I'd scream for joy. Whee
Congrats on the a capella choir!!! That is fantastic!! What a fun senior year it will be!!
yay! i'm glad you have so much to look forward to. sounds like a lot of fun...
Post a Comment