Monday, January 19, 2009

יום של דמעות

I spent a good portion of the Sabbath listening to the song "Sweet Jesus" about a bridge that collapses and an old man that sacrifces his life to save a baby from the water. I listened to it probably 15 times (I say probably like I don't actually know, but ITunes has a counter). But I listened to it and weeped and it's odd to me that I can so easily be brought to tears by someone else's story or by a song or even by a character that I play on stage, but I can't find it in myself to cry over my own sorrows. When my own life disappoints me, tears are never my reaction which is strange considering it's such a default reaction to things completely disconnected from me.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I am SO EXCITED for your summer semester news!!! Congrats Mariah!

emily said...

but it's not disconnected from you... because you felt a connection and you were emotional :P I think you're great

Beanie said...

All those tears are just saved up from when you feel it yourself. I know you, baby.