Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thats Outrageous!



So life is going pretty swell. On Friday I took the Book of Mormon midterm and I got a 94% (!) which is a A even in Fairax, VA! So I was pumped about that, but I was pretty sure it would only go down hill from there because what other midterm is on something i've been 'studying' for since birth? I was happily mistaken. I took the American Heritage midterm and I got to the results screen in the testing center and I saw that it said 100% next to my number!!! I had to pull out my ID card and triple check because that is not a norm for me. Well, it wasn't I figure I might as well make it my new norm as not. It's so satisfiying. I never studied for anything in high school and I studied sufficiently for this one, but I didn't stay up late or break my back to do it. Maybe if I had studied in high school I would have been this successful on a regular basis (what a revelation!). It's so satisfying, I was telling my friend Addi about it and then I heard Matthew his roommate talking about Addi telling him about it later----whether that little exchange made sense to you or not it made me happy.


It's funny that this happened this week because this week for my Book of Mormon application paper I'm only saying prayers of gratitude this week. As the midterm approached I started thinking "dang, this was the wrong week to be exclusively grateful and not ask for anything. BUT apparently God blesses his children when they "give thanks in all things." In other news my show opens tomorrow and I'm auditoning/filming for a movie on Saturday so that's fun. Grandma bought tickets for us to go to the Homecoming spectaular, but she and Royce can't go, but they had already purchased the tickets so now I'm going with Matthew and Paul (not the apostles). It should be fun.
P.S. Apparently my face just screams "give me oragami" because I walked out the door for dance this morning and there was a paper crane with a note written inside hanging in or doorway (scared the life out of me), but thats the third oragami creation I've recieved from random guys since I've been here. (wha?)

4 comments:

pinkmorning said...

tag, you're it.

emily said...

wow. I'm so impressed. you know how Ben and I warned you about how hard BOM would be. WAY TO GO.
and p.s. VA totally misses you.

zealygirl said...

Hard to believe it's already mid-terms!!

How are those books going?

GustoBones said...

Congrats on your mid-terms!!! You are smart as a whip and coupled with good study habits, you can ace every one!! Is Origami code for "you're hot, I want to take you out? :)" I am glad to hear that school is going so well. I wish I could come and see you perform tomorrow!