Monday, May 12, 2008

PSD Following by PCF

I gotta say, I had been feeling pretty low there for a bit. It was great to have the sister's weekend and I loved it, but you guys left and Mom and Dad left and I had my last weekend of my last Robinson mainstage show ever. Needless to say, there were a lot of tears. And though I'm still suffering some MAJOR PSD (post-show depression). My life is suddenly full of compliments and flattery.

Basically, before each show we have green room where the seniors involved in the production get to say a few words of advice to the underclassman a few shout-outs and nice things to their friends. My green room speech was the closing speech on closing night so it was intensely emotion. Then we always end by saying "At my old school they didn't say break a leg, they said 'good show' and that meant play it with love. So, play it with love guys, good show!" But this time, green room just never ended. I've been getting an incredible flood of facebook messages and letters and notes from people. It's so out of the blue and humbling to hear these things from these people:


Mariah- you are one of the seniors I have always had respect for. I have been at odds with most of them (whether or not they knew it) at one point in my life here, but you I could never get upset with or anything of the like. You were my audition partner in my first show here at Robinson (Short Plays: Life, Death, and a Laugh) and you're just cool.


Mariah- thank you so much for what you said in green room. You saying that I'm a grounded person that you could really talk to means a lot coming from you. I've loved getting to know you. You're such a great influence in so many way! I love you!


You are one of the most creative people I know. You always have a way of making a situation funny...............AWKWARD BIRDS NEST!!!........you are so much fun to hang with, and you make me laugh so hard. I love all of your quirky characters. I wish I was that out of the box.


you are an amazing person. the end. mic buddy


Mariah-I can't even describe how glad I am that we've become friends this year, you are such a wonderful person and you make me better just by being you. You are so trustworthy and hold yourself to such a high standard and you are really just everything I aspire to be and I know how corny that sounds but it's so true. And I just also have to say for the record that Joe is crazy for not falling in love with you because I know everyone else has ( in a platonic way silly) you are smart and witty and crazy and no matter how bad of a day its been you just make me smile and attempt accents that I sound ridiculous doing and try and find hats for mother daughter performances ( I'm working on it). I loved running a cart into david with you BON APPETIT! and sharing a mirror space was loverly :] I know I'm forgetting things so there will most likely be a follow up message but I really love you and hope we can stay in touch and stay just as close, I know its hard but oh my goodness will it be worth it.Love, Amy


Mariah, you are absolutely adorable (from a boy out of the blue)


Mariah, Whenever I feel like being mean to someone because they are just so annoying, I think of you and say "What would Mariah do?" You are the kindest person I have ever met in my ENTIRE LIFE. You always are bright and cheerful, even when everyone else is being emo. You are so funny and you make my day 100 times better whenever I talk to you.
From, Someone you know but they aren't telling you who they are, now isn't that annoying?


I really wish I could have gotten to know you better during the course of les mis/ you weren't a senior. You seemed to be a really genuinely nice person who was happy with who she was. (I'll admit that one's a bit eulogy-esque because it's all in the past tense).



Some of those messages I never did find out who they were from. I'm overwhelmed by all of this, I feel like I do so little for people and I feel like I'm easily frustrated and not very nice at all and this is what I hear from people. So my PSD has been followed by PCF (pre-college flattery). And on top of it all I just found out I got nominated for Featured Actress in a Play for Musical Comedy Murders for Cappies (which are essentially the Tonys of the National Capital Area *DC/MD/VA* of high school theatre). BAH, I don't even know what to say to all of this! Well, I love you all and thank you to those of you who were able to come see my show. It meant a lot.


4 comments:

Rachel said...

I am glad that you ahve been flooded with PCF. I have triedt ocall the house no less than 5 times (as Truman can attest since he seems to be designated phone answerer there..) to tell you how much I loved your show and wish you good luck in your final show and happiness in the future. I rmemeber the "PSD" after my last show, but think of waht an impact you have made! I certinaly look up to you for your courage and strength. I love yoU!

Beanie said...

Mariah. All these comments are well-deserved and as one who knows you best and longest I can add that I love your integrity and your ability to stand up for what's right. Love, Mom

pinkmorning said...

i am glad you have gotten so much PCF! i loved watching your show and spending time with you when i was out there. i can't wait until you are out here and we can spend more time together!

GustoBones said...

All those things are true and more!!! I was glad to know that Valjean didn't think we were too crazy!!