Thursday, May 15, 2008

Pay it Forward

Well, those affirmations brightened my day so much I'm going to go ahead and pay it forward with an affirmation about each of my wonderful sisters:

Melissa- You are soo smart and well spoken, but for all of that you present your self in a way that is not overwhelming or intimindating you always talk like it's open discussion and though I don't always have something to add I love that. I love the way that you have completely adopted all of New England as your own and you take ownership of it in all its virtues and vices. Whenever I drive north I think of you. You also have awesome movie taste and I love that you were our family's original hopeless romantic!

Laura- You are such a fabulous mother and I think you have the ability to make anyone feel nurtured and cared for whether they're your kids or not. You're funny and I love how enthusiastic you get about things. I'm really bad at showing that I'm excited about something, but you just go ahead and scream and laugh about it and I love that freedom of expression. It was very appropriate that you were the first to see Julie's Jones Soda announcement, your enthusiasm always sets the tone.

Angie- You are the most organized and put together person I know. I also noticed moreso on this last time around that you are very perceptive to the needs of the people around you. You're always aware of when someone is uncomfortable or needs help or even just attention and you always make yourself that person and I think that's awesome.

Jules- You are about as thoughtful as they come. You are always the one to remember people's special days, but you also know how to make people feel special any day of the year. You're so fun and you always make everything a party, I used to look forward to doing things with you when I was younger, because you always made it a celebration even if there was nothing particular to celebrate. I love how reflective and open you are as well, and thats why you're such a good communicator.

Janette- You are incredible. You are soo competent and it's almost like nothing is impossible to you. You can do anything, but more importantly you do it. Sometimes I think something is doable, but that doesn't mean I do it. You are always active and always one to jump up and do. I love your willingness to go with the flow. You have strong opinions, but if we do something else you never complain or anything you just seem content to be a team player and love every second of it.

Rachel-You are so clever and you have an incredible presence. It's like a having a stage presence that carries over into personal interaction. You can brighten up an entire conversation with a single word. I love that you love to laugh. Sometimes I stifle my laughter depending on who I'm around, but you always laugh long and hard which is nice because laughter is the best medicine. You'll live long and prosper! (haha...no pun intended)

Michaela- I love the newly discovered fact that you blush like nobody's business. When I saw you run into Jim today the color your face turned was like the funniest thing I've ever seen. I love how giggly you are all the time and I love our drunken (well your drunken walking) to Target. You're an awesome travel buddy and you look at the world through different eyes than I do so it's fun to see what you notice that I don't (predominantly foreign cats and dogs) I love you and I think we should just make a permanent switch to speaking in connecticut accents all the time *Ma-ha-ha-ha*

Well, I love you all and I love being able to point out the good things about you. And each of you has so many more redeeming qualities then I've named, I love you all!

P.S. Dad saw me writing this and felt left out so here's his little piece---Dad, You are the funniest person I know, even though when you tell jokes Mom and I generally groan.... I love that we have so many inside jokes and we could just talk and act in code from here to eternity and not run out of things to say (haha). Also my friends and I have many more jokes about you that you may not even know about. Like that you directed all the dominos commercials that involve Fudge-ems or hoo-ha tuesdays, and that you wear shorts all the time and that you had a line in Prince of Egypt. The list goes on and on. I love that you balance all of that with an incredible spirituality and insight that is unmatched by anyone. Well, keep feeling the promptings of the spirit and laugh it up fuzzball--or as Mom would say cough it up fizz-wall.....haha Love you!

6 comments:

pinkmorning said...

what a thoughtful tribute to each of your sisters. you are very perceptive and full of love Mariah. thank you for writing this sweet post. i really enjoyed reading it babe.

zealygirl said...

Thank you so much for those kind thoughts; you made this very pregnant mamma's day!

Scot said...

I loved reading your tributes to your sisters--and thank you for indulging my pout in the post script as I walked by last night! You are the bomb.

Rachel said...

Mariah-- that was so sweet. Thank you for your thoughtfulness. I think tha tyou are great too. You are insightful and smart beyond your years. Love yoU!

time-for-a-paws said...

WOW! HAHA...I was so red when i bumped into him...but he is so cute! Anyway....I will miss our drunken walk to target and our conneticut accents so much when you leave for college!! LOVE YOU!

GustoBones said...

Thank you so much for your sweet words. They made me feel so loved. That was so thoughtful of you to take the time and recognize each of us. You are on the brink of such an amazing advernture and I am excited for you because I know you will do so well and have so many wonderful experiences and make many great, new friends! You are amazing!