I know this is totally out of the blue, but I just wanted to quickly say how amazing my teachers are this year. When summer is nearing its end people always say they want to go back to friends and the social aspect of school, but not the academic part, but this year both sides are bomb diggity! I have this beast Topics (IB Topics of 20th Century History) teacher and his class is by far the most rich and eye-opening history class I've ever had!
If you were to visit his class for one period you may think that his teaching methods are too simple for a person to learn so much, but it's amazing! We do puzzles and he'll have like a musical conversation between Vladmir Lenin and John Lennon to tell us about communism. He's so cool. Part of what makes this year's course load cool is also that I don't have a math class at all! WOO!!!! SO in place of that I have two period of Musical Theatre Performance and Actor's Studio. My teacher in there is down-to-earth and really cool, but we also have a lot of other awesome people that come in and help us about various aspects of performance and the business. I also got to take Chorus, my teacher in there has so much charm and energy you can't help, but adopt the same when you're performing under him! My English teacher is the IB coordinater for the school so you'd think she'd be stuffy and give us a lot of grief about things, but she is so chill. We have an awesome class with lots of insightful discussion and adorable boys. Last but not least, my seminary class------best seminary class of my life. My ward has had a history of dramatic seminary teachers that can't really handle the job too well and end up cracking at the end (we have a lot of student that need special attention). This year though, we're studying the Old Testament and Brother Voges knows how to handle things and it's such a better atmosphere and SOO much more receptive to the spirit. Everyone needs to rant about school periodically, I'm just glad my ranting gets to be so positive!
If you were to visit his class for one period you may think that his teaching methods are too simple for a person to learn so much, but it's amazing! We do puzzles and he'll have like a musical conversation between Vladmir Lenin and John Lennon to tell us about communism. He's so cool. Part of what makes this year's course load cool is also that I don't have a math class at all! WOO!!!! SO in place of that I have two period of Musical Theatre Performance and Actor's Studio. My teacher in there is down-to-earth and really cool, but we also have a lot of other awesome people that come in and help us about various aspects of performance and the business. I also got to take Chorus, my teacher in there has so much charm and energy you can't help, but adopt the same when you're performing under him! My English teacher is the IB coordinater for the school so you'd think she'd be stuffy and give us a lot of grief about things, but she is so chill. We have an awesome class with lots of insightful discussion and adorable boys. Last but not least, my seminary class------best seminary class of my life. My ward has had a history of dramatic seminary teachers that can't really handle the job too well and end up cracking at the end (we have a lot of student that need special attention). This year though, we're studying the Old Testament and Brother Voges knows how to handle things and it's such a better atmosphere and SOO much more receptive to the spirit. Everyone needs to rant about school periodically, I'm just glad my ranting gets to be so positive!



6 comments:
how great to be enjoying all the aspects of school. THose theater classes in particular sound like so much fun. Also, I have always thought that when History is taught correctly ,it is the best subject.
history was my favorite subject in high school too, it is so fascinating to me. i am glad you are enjoying your school year, leaving high school with a BANG!!
I am glad you are having such a great year!! Good teachers make sucha a difference.
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Happy Birthday! We tried to call and you weren't around, so I hope the message will make up for it! You're awesome!
It is fun watching you have a bomb diggity year and grow in intellectual sophistication. Nothing sadder than a mind numbed and sleepy when there is so much potential. I love you and like to talk with you about all the stuff that's going on. Love, Mom
Post a Comment