Cabaret Night on Friday was freakin the bomb; excuse the french. Mr Horanski, the chorus director, asked me to Emcee like weeks ago and it freaked me out because I hate trying to be funny on cue. It's like "have a great idea day" or something. He told me I had to find a boy to Emcee with me and I asked my best friend Joe immediately, he was reluctant at first but I think
Horanski pushed him over the edge on it. BUT that reluctance made me think it wasn't going to go very well, but I was actually very pleased with us. Before hand I did sound check for 2 of the 3 acts I was in and then the a cappella group was going to go to dinner together, but Joe asked if I wanted
to just come over to his house for dinner so we could discuss what we wanted to say on the mic. It was so fun and casual to be around his family. Its never just me at his house so i feel like i've never been able to establish a decent relationship with his sister or Mom, but it felt really natural to be there. And that natural thing we had going on carried over to Cabaret Night itself which was awesome. I think because Joe is so reserved there is always the tiniest hint of strain there between us, but it was totally undetectable that night. He, the man himself who always refuses to hang out with us after things, came over to our house and just chilled for a while.
Also on the way out of the school I ran into this really hot guy from my 3rd period class and we haven't talked a ton, but he invited me to go to a Basketball game! It was just a stellar night socially and everything seemed to work out. Anyway this is like the epitome of a totally teenage post, but I had to. Oh and by the way the act that I put together was two guys I know lipsyncing to Jessica and my voice (the top picture) to the song "Sisters" from White Christmas!!! Today is not Thursday, but there's a throwback for you!
Horanski pushed him over the edge on it. BUT that reluctance made me think it wasn't going to go very well, but I was actually very pleased with us. Before hand I did sound check for 2 of the 3 acts I was in and then the a cappella group was going to go to dinner together, but Joe asked if I wanted
to just come over to his house for dinner so we could discuss what we wanted to say on the mic. It was so fun and casual to be around his family. Its never just me at his house so i feel like i've never been able to establish a decent relationship with his sister or Mom, but it felt really natural to be there. And that natural thing we had going on carried over to Cabaret Night itself which was awesome. I think because Joe is so reserved there is always the tiniest hint of strain there between us, but it was totally undetectable that night. He, the man himself who always refuses to hang out with us after things, came over to our house and just chilled for a while.
Also on the way out of the school I ran into this really hot guy from my 3rd period class and we haven't talked a ton, but he invited me to go to a Basketball game! It was just a stellar night socially and everything seemed to work out. Anyway this is like the epitome of a totally teenage post, but I had to. Oh and by the way the act that I put together was two guys I know lipsyncing to Jessica and my voice (the top picture) to the song "Sisters" from White Christmas!!! Today is not Thursday, but there's a throwback for you!



2 comments:
sounds like a ton of fun!! Where are the pictures of Joe?? Here is your best friend, I have no idea what he look like! WHen we come out there, maybe he should come out with all of us girls... can you imagine? No pressure.
Fun night!! Joe seems like such a great friend. I bet you did a fab job of emceeing!
Post a Comment